Sunday, January 27, 2013

I Learned Something New

I just finished this vest.  Knit from the top down (the way I knit just about everything) in MadelineTosh Chunky - color Twig.  The pattern is called  Memory Vest by Vera Sanon and is modeled by  my mannequin.  It has an interesting waist stitch border above and below the slip stitch pattern - almost like a crochet chain.  It is sometimes called Estonian braid, lateral braid or braid horizontal. I didn't find it in any of my stitch dictionaries but there are online videos with good instructions.  The stitch was easy to learn but took a little practice to get the tension right. I think it would also look good on a hat band.

I also completed this scarf.  A pattern called "A Little Bit Bohemian".
A good start to 2013.

2 comments:

Caramashe said...

I love the Memory Vest! Can you share where to purchase the pattern? I was unable to locate it via google search.

OC knitter said...

The Memory Vest can be purchased through Ravelry. Also, Vera Sanon has many free patterns on Ravelry and on the Cascade Yarns website.