Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Success at Moebius

Moebius knitting was a technique that I had wanted to try for a long time. So before the holidays I bought some yarn, checked Ravelry for a pattern, got out my needle and sat in front of the computer.
A short time later,  a bulky cowl was ready for gift giving.
YouTube Moebius Cast-On    Yarn: Loops and Threads Charisma   Needle size: US15.
Pattern:   Bulky Mobius Cowl

Then, after the holidays, I decided to make another cowl for myself.  I brought needle and yarn  to my knitting guild meeting to cast on.  I could not remember the correct way to start.  I must have tried six times, failing each time. When I got home I checked YouTube again and realized I was holding the needle wrong. Success finally!  Yarn:  Noro Iro  Needle size: US11
I think I will remember the cast-on without having to look at YouTube again,
I haven't cut the yarn because I'm still not happy with the bind off.

No comments: