Saturday, May 10, 2014

Blanket

I love knitting blankets.  They make great TV knitting, especially because I watch a lot of subtitled programs. I was very happy with the way this latest one turned out. The yarn did all the work. 

 Not really a pattern - more like a recipe
 Size  about 40" x 45"
Yarn: Rainbow Boucle by Purl Essence - Blue Multi 1 skein (621 yards)
          Sincerely By Purl Essence - Navy Blue - 2 skeins (322 yards each)
          available at JoAnns
usually, when I combine a multi colored  with a solid colored yarn, I like to match the darkest color. 

Needles: US  #13
 I cast on 91, (but if I make it again, I would cast on 87 or 89) with 1 strand Boucle and 1 strand Sincerely
Seed stitch for 10 rows
Seed stitch for 7 stitches, stockinette for the center, and seed for the last 7 stitches.
Knit until you have enough yarn to do a top border of 10  seed stitch rows and bind off.
A little measuring and math is required!

This blanket was donated to Patriots and Paws.

No comments: