Thursday, October 01, 2015

Knitting Warm

My sister has some serious health problems.  And she is always cold.  In a recent stay in the hospital she asked me to knit her a bed jacket without arms.  That sounded like a shawl or capelet to me.  A search on Ravelry led me to a pattern that fit the requirements.  So, in spite of it being very, very hot here lately, I knit Warming a Cold Shoulder.  Instead of using handspun as the pattern called for, I dug into my stash and found some washable Wool-Ease that would work.  I used two strands together to get gauge.  Constructed from the top down like a raglan sweater, it has a seed stitch collar and border.  I like the way it turned out and my sister was happy with it.
Warm is good.

December.  Sadly, my sister has passed away. She was a wonderful sister of many talents who shared my love of crafting. I will miss her.  Rest in peace, sister.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its lovely! I particularly like the color for the edges.